Sunday, March 29, 2009

Henry makes a big decision

Henry was baptized! He's such a good kid, and it was such an amazing day. Here's what he wrote about it in his journal:

Yesterday was my baptism. My dad baptized me. After the baptism, we went to our house. We ate hot dogs and very good food. I got a new scripture bag, a pin, a spinny CTR ring, and a green blanket that says "My Comforter." And Happy Joe, my dog, got to sleep in my room that night.


At the baptism, my uncle Andy sang "O My Father," and he was really good. He sang that song because it was my favorite. My cousin Megan gave a talk about baptism. She said if we get baptized then we can get the Holy Ghost and get on the trail to Eternal life. Grandma Barbara said a talk about the Holy Ghost. Then my dad confirmed me with my teacher and grandpas and uncles. After that, my grandparents said their testimonies to me. It was cool. And when I got baptized I felt really good. The Holy Ghost was saying, "That's the right thing, Henry!"



I'm not sure what Brandon is looking at.


5 comments:

Brittani said...

I cannot beleive you have a kid old enough to be baptized. He sounds wise beyond his years. What a good kid!

Heidi said...

Congratulations Henry! It sounds like it was a great day! I loved his journal entry! What a great kid.

Britney said...

OH! Congratulations Henry!!!! What a special day it must have been.

He is such a good kid. I love his journal entry about it too. He has such a sweet demeanor. It must have been a great day for you and Brandon as well!

Christie said...

It's neat to have his special day down in his own words. What a treasure!

Jade said...

Kara,
I saw a link to your blog on Lisa's. I loved seeing the pictures of Henry, I didn't even recognize him he is so grown up. I still think of him small with Andrew and William playing in the backyard.
Exciting to read he was baptized and fun to see how your family has grown. Hope you don't mind me peeking.