Tuesday, March 24, 2009

repairs

These last two weeks, my body has been in the repair shop. First, I got my second root canal in a year. The next day I got a laser procedure done on my leg to get rid of some painful varicose veins I've had since I was pregnant with Elsa. My leg was really swollen for a few days. And, I wasn't allowed to stand or sit. Then I got three blood clots in my leg that were pretty painful. Once again, I couldn't stand or sit. I wasn't so sure the procedure was a good idea. Check out how swollen my leg was:

But, the pain isn't so bad anymore, and I've had at least 2 days of being able to sit and stand now. I feel like I've emerged from a cocoon of sorts. I can finally function again. I was talking to my sister yesterday, and I said that I needed to start cleaning for my mom to come on Thursday. She said, "Is your house really so dirty that it will take you more than 2 days to clean it?" I didn't know what to say at first, but the answer is YES. It really is that dirty. I am so happy to be able to clean again.

6 comments:

lmhiserman said...

Hey Kara,
I was so excited to get a message on my blog from you. We're good. We're in Napa now. We really like it. Give me your email address and I'll email you our new address. My email is lmhiserman@hotmail.com. I can't believe how tall Henry is and Elsa is so grown up and gorgeous too. Time really flies, doesn't it? It looks like you're doing well, minus your blood clots and root canals. Hope to hear from you soon.
Lisa

Amie said...

You poor thing!!! I wish I was there to scrub the floor for you.

Heidi said...

ugh -- I hate root canals and the blot clots sound worse. But I have to say your legs are too skinny swollen or not.

Have fun with your mom.

Britney said...

Wow. You have had a lot going on! I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of that. It sounds painful and very ....."un"fun! I wish I would have done something to help you out. Do you want me to help you clean? :)

By the way, I doubt your house is actually that dirty. I've never even seen it messy, much less dirty!

Kara said...

Thanks guys. It really wasn't so bad. I just couldn't do much for a couple of weeks, and it was a little frustrating. Trust me. The house was a mess. Even in the picture the kids' clothes are all over the floor. Not that that doesn't happen on a regular basis anyway.

Heather said...

Woah, at first I couldn't figure out whose legs those were, but after reading that one was swollen I could totally recognize the not-swollen one as yours. So sad you had to go through all that. I hope you are feeling better and having a good time with your mom. Say hi to her from me.