Monday, March 2, 2009

Disneyland retrospective

We took our first real family vacation last November to Disneyland, and it's about time I mentioned it. We had a great time. The kids were in heaven, when they weren't whining about the heat and their sore feet. The lines weren't bad at all, and Brandon and I were surprised at how much we enjoyed it. Many thanks to Brandon's parents who organized and planned and paid and helped with kids. Hip hip hooray! Elsa's favorite rides were the rocket one at the beginning and the Go Gadget Coaster. She wouldn't go near any of the princesses or other people, but loved the animal characters. Henry's favorite rides were the Matterhorn and the Maliboomer. And, he was our most devoted autograph-getter. Will was particularly emamored of the new lightsabers. And, he charmed the princesses by giving them huge hugs. He didn't have anything for them to sign, so Belle tracked down her own piece of paper and asked for his name so she could write him a note. We all enjoyed Tom Sawyer Island and the treats (although those cupcakes were pretty nasty). However, we didn't much enjoy what we came home to. After a long car ride, I carried Elsa to her bed at 11:00 p.m., and it was raining in our basement. But, we'll always have Paris, I mean Disneyland.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey Kara!

I linked to your blog from Shauna's It looks like you had a great time at Disneyland. We haven't mustered up enough courage to take our whole gang yet.

Shauna said...

Disneyland looks like a lot of fun through your eyes Kara.
I love the "we'll always have Paris" quote, very funny!s

Britney said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!
My kids would love to go! I'm sure yours had a great time! I love that Henry was so good about getting autographs. Cute!

Sorry about your basement! Yikes!

Christie said...

Talk about going to paradise and having to come back to reality! I felt so bad for you guys, but look how cute your basement is now! You've definitely got creative talent. Maybe our basement should flood so I can use the money to hire you to remodel it!

Heather said...

Those pictures of Henry with the princesses are so cute! That is awesome of your in-laws to do that with everyone! Too bad about the basement, that looks like a lot of work!