Sunday, March 8, 2009

happy birthday dear henry


Henry turned 8 yesterday. We celebrated with honey bran muffins from Provo Bakery, a family trip to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch, buying him a new bike, and a family party at night. The next day he said, "You know what my favorite part about my birthday was? It wasn't the presents. It was playing games at my party. And Chuck E. Cheese."

My favorite part was that I got to remember the day he was born and how incredibly grateful I am for him. He is without guile. He's such a happy helper. He tells me he loves me out of the blue at least 3 times a day. He loves his brother and sister, and he loves to pray and read his scriptures. He has so much energy and enthusiasm for life. What would I do without my Henry B.?

Chuck E. Cheese fun:





New bike and birthday soda at Allen's with Dad:


Party games. Henry really wanted to do a relay, and he specified that he wanted to hop with balloons between our knees and do the crabwalk. My favorite is the grandpas doing the crabscoot. Will decided he needed a ride from Grandpa Kim.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Henry! It looks like the day was a success! I have to say I really like those crab crawl pictures too.

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Henry!!!!!!
He is such a sweet kid. It sounds like he had a great day!!
I love the photo of him with the soda! I also love the photo of your grandpa doing the crab crawl! That is one awesome grandpa!!!