Friday, March 13, 2009

elsa's irrational fears

Elsa has never been a typical girl. She has never liked princesses, pink, fancy dresses, getting her hair done, etc. She loves snakes, lizards, bugs, video games, swords, etc. She plays video games a lot and loves fighting games--Super Smash Brothers, Lego Star Wars, that kind of thing. However, this week she has been VERY afraid of two things that completely baffle me. First, Wubbzy growing a large, polka-dot nose. (Sorry about the nose-picking quote, it's the only clip of the show I could find.)
Wubbzy's New Nose
I personally thought it was funny. But, she had to hide and try to get me to turn it off. I told her to just stay in the other room, since her brothers were thoroughly enjoying it.

She was also terrified of this book:

It was actually a pretty cute book. I was just picking up books at random at the library and found it. When the Opposite is around, the opposite thing always happens for the little boy in the book. He tries to paint neatly and instead paint gets everywhere except his paper, that kind of thing. The boys loved it. But, Elsa started to frown as if she would cry and said, "You shouldn't have read me that book." She wouldn't go to sleep until Brandon said he would take it back to the library that night. It's probably bad to laugh at your children's fears, but I just really think she's funny. Sweet, sensitve, perfectionist girl.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those are really interesting fears. And I want to check that book out now.