Wednesday, May 20, 2009

freezer paper fun


So, I had a little fun with freezer paper about a month ago, and this was the result. I have plans to do a lot more, but other projects are a little more pressing right now. I let the kids choose what to put on them, and now they would wear these shirts every day if I let them. Here are some pictures of the threesome modeling their new duds. I tried to take some of them smiling and then I gave up and told them to act tough. Those kids crack me up. (Note Elsa's lovely black eye from flipping off the teeter-totter.)




5 comments:

Brittani said...

are you for hire, My kids wouold so love that!

Christie said...

Those T's look professional! I love Elsa's bird one. How fun for your kids to get to choose their own designs.

Shapiro said...

I love these fun pictures. Your kids are so funny and cute!
So... what is this freezer paper craze? I see it on so many of you gals' blogs and it looks so fun, but it looks like a lot of work... do you have to take a razor edge and cut out your stencils finely each time, only to use them once? How long does it take? It sure looks cute, but I am not a perfectionist and would probably end up with a big blob on my t-shirt. I'm sure your kids love those!
I love seeing your blog Kara! You are my craft hero!

Josie said...

how in the world did you do these? i need ninety.

i remember you did some engrish.com ones for charlie's bday. they still make me laugh!

Sarah said...

You are the most awesome-ly crafty person I know. Which is saying a lot, because I know some really crafty people. :)

BTW, freezer paper? How? Any links you could send me on how to even attempt such awesome shirts would be great!