Monday, August 24, 2009

the land of 10,000 lakes and 16 cousins

We were in Minnesota for about 3 weeks, and I hardly took any pictures. We spent a lot of time stripping off wallpaper, sorting through boxes, installing light fixtures, and painting at my mom's house. The kids had a blast playing with cousins. They went to chutes and ladders (the sweetest park ever), went swimming, played lazer tag, drove bumper cars, played miniature golf. We went to Valleyfair for a day, and Henry was brave enough to go on most of the big rides, and even Elsa was brave enough to go on the Wild Thing:

We didn't take any pictures of the above-mentioned events or of a lot of the cousins. We were just too busy enjoying ourselves, I guess. We did take some pictures at the zoo. My favorite part was the butterfly garden, or the grizzly bear doing a backwards shimmy into the water.


And, we finshed up the trip by checking out Amy's new digs in Mankato.

So family, if any of you happen to have pictures of our trip, please send them to us. It was so good to be home for a while. The kids were not happy to leave, but Christmas will come soon.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Sounds like you had a really nice time. I'll bet your kids will remember these kinds of trips for years to come. I know I did when I was little.

Christie said...

I love your title for this post.

Amy said...

See Kara I did get onto your blog and here is a comment. Wish you were here and/or I was there to see you and your super cute kids!