Wednesday, September 30, 2009

first camping trip





Here are my favorite quotes from our first family camping trip back in August:

Henry (while roasting his hotdog on a stick, which took a little longer than expected): Is this fun?

Will (first thing in the morning; only the two of us were awake; there was rustling in the bushes next to us): What was that?
Mom: There's some kind of animal in there. What kind of animal do you think it is?
Will: A bear.
Mom: Uh oh. What do you think the bear will do?
Will: Maybe he'll come out and say, "Hi. Can I have some chips?"

Elsa (on a walk around the little lake/pond): Look there's a little hole. I wonder what lives in there.
Mom: I don't know. What do you think it is?
Elsa: I think it's zombies.

And, this is why I'm not super anxious to go again, although I'm sure I'll be dragged out next summer anyway: