Sunday, June 17, 2012

things i should have posted about--part 1

We moved in September. We're still in Provo, but we are now up in the tree streets and about 3 blocks away from Brandon's parents. We're loving it, but it really shook up our routine for awhile. The move was complicated by the nastiest kitchen I've ever seen. It was dark, moldy, sticky, and depressing. I decided I wasn't going to unpack into that kitchen, so the same night we unloaded the truck, our friend Chris was taking a crowbar to the kitchen. I was too busy moving in to take before pictures. I'm still sad about it. But, we lived without a kitchen for 2 1/2 months. Our dining room was stacked with boxes, with a microwave on top. We even had the fridge in there because the floor in the kitchen was all jackhammered up. It was complete chaos.

But, I love love love my new kitchen. It's amazing. I don't have very good pictures yet, but I'll post them soon. These ones are just with the close up lens, so I couldn't get any good overall shots. And, we put in a mud room, which we love.

The chaos in the dining room was compacted by a baby who learned to climb and get into everything:

 

The new kitchen:

 







Kids chilling on the new porch with caramel puff corn

The front of the house (with friend, Chris, tearing off that deck thing)
Will and the neighbor kids playing in the massive dumpster we rented
Iris exploring the new neighborhood

2 comments:

Christie said...

It looks beautiful! How nice after all the chaos and hard work! You guys are sure getting good at this. Miss ya. Take care.

Wesley said...

KARA! I have a giant crush on your kitchen. That's BEAUTIFUL! Miss you guys!