Thursday, May 20, 2010

i. am. huge.

Tonight my back hurts, my belly is stretched to its limit, and I'm swollen and exhausted. But, I don't feel like I'm going to throw up, and the headaches have died down. So I try not to complain, except for when I do.

I'm officially huge. Today a 1-year-old boy was mesmerized by my enormous belly. He couldn't take his eyes off of it and reached his little pointer finger out to touch it about ten times. Then tonight, a 5-year-old boy looked at me and said, "What's that great big thing?" I said, "It's my belly." He still didn't believe it and said, "No, I mean that," pointing at my belly.

Will has taken to lovingly calling me his "big, fat mama."

How can I possibly grow for 2 more months?

5 comments:

Brittani said...

i think we need pictures!

Britney said...

OH, I'm so sorry. Hang in there. I know this is the tough part -- I hope it passes quickly.

Christie said...

Too bad my name's not Britney, too. Just kidding.

I think you still look so cute. Seriously, your baby and your tummy might be growing, but you're not at all!

julie said...

Kara- just catching up on your blog! Congrats on #4 being a girl. It sounds like you're ready for her to be born. Don't you just love the "you're huge!" comments you get? For my last pregnancy, I was really really big, too, and this one guy said "You look like you are ready to EXPLODE!!!" Yes, you are correct, sir, thank you. :)
And by the way, I still do prefer my pancakes a little gooey in the middle. Ha!

Ann said...

Oh...hang in there. I saw you the other day and you looked great.