Sunday, July 12, 2009

june is the month of brandon


So, I have been terribly remiss in not posting sooner about Brandon month. There are many Brandon celebrations in June. June 11th was our 10th anniversary. I am so glad I married Brandon. He is still my best friend, and my favorite person to be around. Even when we were dating, being around Brandon somehow always felt like being home. I don't know how else to explain it.

To celebrate our anniversary, we stayed up at Sundance for a night. We gorged ourselves on delicious food, sat out on our deck overlooking the trees and river, and hiked to Stewart Falls, almost getting stuck up on the mountain when the chair lift closed down because of an impending thunderstorm. It was amazing.

Next, Brandon turned 32! We had to call off the planned kickball game because of rain, but we had a good time anyway with some of Brandon's friends coming over for dessert.

The next day, Brandon got to celebrate Father's Day. Probably his best gift is that he won't have to sit by the kids in church for a long time. It was his first Sunday having to sit on the stand (he's 2nd counselor in the bishopric now.)

I'm so grateful for Brandon--that he was born, that I married him, and that he gets to be my kids' dad. He makes life so much more fun, and I just wouldn't feel complete without him.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Now, I'm crying. I remember when he left on his mission and you missed him so much. It just felt like the two of you were torn in half, that you actually belonged together.

Shapiro said...

After reading Heather's comment, I didn't know you two knew each other before his mission... that meant that you both waited a long time for each other! Sounds like our story...
We think of Brandon in June too as he and Marcus have the same b-day. Marcus just turned 33 and crazy how fast the time flies... you guys just came over when Brando Commando was 29 and Marcus was 30 and we had both just had Ellie and Will. We miss your friendship here... the people just aren't as cool! We miss the Awesome Arnolds and others. We are excited about Brandon's new role in the Bishopric and that he's "over" primary, which means you get the word to him fast most likely! That is great. We just saw Pixar's "Up" together and afterward Marcus said "I can see Brandon making a movie like that." It was terrific. These are a bunch of random thoughts, but to sum it all up, we think you guys are awesome. You've both always been great friends and examples. Whenever you feel like taking a trip to the desert, we're here! Come stay with us! We hope all is well with you guys and say hi from the sunshine state!

cynthia said...

Oh, my, that picture is sooo cute of the two of you!! And holly molly, I didn't know he was in the bishopric!!!