Monday, May 5, 2008

i'm a little busy right now

Elsa has become the queen of projects. She always has some creation that she works very intently on for hours. I will ask her to play something or read with me or make her bed, and she'll say, "I'm a little busy right now." (Hmmmm . . . I wonder where she's heard that.) Last week she decided to make a bird house. She planned out the whole thing by herself--made the hole for the door, cut out 4 triangles for the roof and said she was going to tape them into a pyramid, etc. I only helped tape everything together, since someone needed to hold it while the other one taped. I even questioned her roof design, but it worked. Not bad for 4 years old. Each wall of the house had a different bird picture on it, and she gathered sticks to make a nest inside, and made a handle to carry it.

Meanwhile, Will was busy in the sandbox. He loves sand and dirt, as evidenced by the floor always being dirty and the piles of laundry.

No comments: